I talked about creating more content on my blog so here it goes. Tonight, as I sip this cheap wine, I want to write about living on my own. *~ooh such a serious topic~* Nah I’m kidding. As if I haven’t been doing this since I was 17. I lived in my family’s home by myself my entire life, but, I’ve always wanted to have a space of my own. It kinda doesn’t make sense cos I can live in my mom’s house, but to me, it’s a different feeling when you have something that’s truly yours lol. I’m not saying it’s not OK to live with your family because as Filipinos, we can live with our parents for as long as we want to haha.
What I’m listening to: Take You High – HONNE
My family and I live separate lives for as long as I can remember, and I’m doing my own thing here in the Philippines. Back when I was a struggling broke 22 year old, I used to go to property open houses to get an idea of what I wanted in the future. Fast forward to 2016, finances are so-so (still wishing I have more money, though), VOILA! I got approved for a home loan. Congrats to me for mindlessly entering this ~*adult world*~! Loan? What? haha. To be honest, I didn’t think about it as much, but hey, I’m already here and I’ve got to work hard for this long term commitment.
So, what is it like living on my own? I wish I could tell you how exciting it is to discover living independently in your 20s, but, I’ve learned that a long time ago. And moving in here is not as different as how I live at my parents house lol. But I have a couple of things that I love doing now that I have my own condo? apartment..condo? I don’t know. They call it a condominium but to me this is an apartment because my building is only up to 5 floors. And I think apartment sounds cooler cos it reminds me of 90s shared living space like in F.R.I.E.N.D.S. haha!
So, that’s a sneak peek of my place. I took this photo today when I was reading a book, doing some water color painting, cooking and drinking all at the same time. I know! I was juggling all these things at the same time because I wanted to make the most out of the weekend.
I’m going to list the things I love doing now that I live here:
- Cook. I get creative here because normally I don’t have a lot of ingredients to play around with! Today I cooked tomatoes and garlic pasta, heavily drizzled by….Knorr liquid seasoning LOL. Hey, hey! It’s really good.
- Watch TV. I’ve only started to watch TV again when I moved in here. My dad told me to get a television to entertain myself on weekends rather than going out. It works, I’m always home watching Black Mirror.
- Inviting people over to show off my interior design skills LOL. I browse Pinterest too much!
- Reading a book. I get motivated to read when I see my book case. Well, as much as I wanted to read like I used to, I just like staring at my heavily Pinterestified book case. *scroll up*
- Drinking wine in my balcony regardless of hearing a lot of annoying crying children. My building is right in front of the playground.
- Blasting loud music when I brew coffee in the morning.
- Walk around naked after I take a shower because who cares?! lol
- Watercolor painting because it relaxes me!
- Taking a dump with the door open because again, who cares?
- Playing my guitar and stomp around like Lisa Loeb lol
I’m going to end it here! I hope you enjoyed reading. Okay, off I go to drinking the rest of my wine. Have a great evening! Cheers.